San Jose March 27, 2017: Sourcewise shares updates to the 2016-2020 Area Plan on Aging for 2017-2018 with the Santa Clara County community on April 3, 2017.
Sourcewise unveiled the 2016-2020 Area Plan on Aging in February of 2016. The Area Plan on Aging is a strategic roadmap that outlines the agency’s goals and objectives every four years. The Plan was developed in partnership with the research firm EVALCORP, Sourcewise Advisory Council and Board of Directors, and community stakeholders.
The plan delineates eight priorities:
- Services associated with access to services (transportation, health services, case management.)
- In-home services, including supportive services for families of older individuals who are victims of Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders with neurological and organic brain dysfunction.
- Legal assistance.
- Primarily low-income seniors, including those falling below the federal poverty line, as well as those above the federal poverty line but below the Elder Economic Security Standard Index.
- Older, primarily minority individuals with limited English-speaking abilities.
- Frail or Isolated older adults.
- Informal (unpaid) caregivers for older adults.
- Seniors experiencing abuse.
Sourcewise invites you to attend a public hearing to share your comments.
April 03, 2017
2:30 p.m.–3:30 p.m.
Santa Clara Senior Center
1303 Fremont Street, Santa Clara, CA 95050
Contact Info: Aneliza Del Pinal
Director, Public Relations
We welcome the re-use, republication, and distribution of Sourcewise content. Please credit us with the following information: Used with the permission of http://www.mysourcewise.com.