Programs & Services
- 2022 Additional Enrollment Periods
- Medicare Counseling Appointments
- Medicare Savings Program
- Extra Help for Part D
- Medi-Cal Facts for Seniors
- The Future of Cal MediConnect
- Frequently Asked Questions
Community Resource Specialists are available between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. M-F at (408) 350-3200, option 1.
Dignity at Home Fall Prevention Program
Learn how to stay independent and safe at home by preventing unnecessary falls.
Our Sourcewise Community Resource Specialists offer an initial phone screening for Fall Prevention. All individuals, whether eligible or not, will be provided information and resources available in the community that can aide the individual including information based on behavioral, physical, and environmental aspects of injury prevention.
Clients will be screened and placed either on low, moderate, or high risk for falls. Based on their determination, individualized Fall Interventions will be provided which include but are not limited to Fall Prevention education, referrals to community/online exercise programs, or referral to a Primary Care Physician for Physical/Occupational Therapy.
Home modifications may include but are not limited to: grab bars, shower chair, bedside pole, and wheelchair ramps to name a few.
Our Dignity at Home Fall Prevention Program assists with:
- Fall & Risk Assessment
- Individualized Fall Intervention
- Fall Prevention Education
- Injury Prevention Strategies
To be eligible for the Dignity at Home Fall Prevention Program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an adult with a disability, or a persons 60 years of age and older
- Be within a household income that does not exceed 80% of the area medium income; $85,409 – Income verification is required
- Be an older adult or person with a disability who has fallen, is at risk for falling, or is at risk for institutionalization
Download the Dignity at Home Fall Prevention Flyer
Let’s Get Started
Contact us if you or someone you know is at risk of falling. Our Community Resource Specialists will ask for all information that is needed. The call will then be followed up to do a fall assessment and then a plan of action on assisting on what home modifications will be needed to prevent falls.
According to the results of the fall assessment, Home Safety Services will perform a home safety assessment to determine modifications. Modifications are limited to cost. Sourcewise South County Services has partnered with Home Safety Services to provide home modifications to residents in Morgan Hill, San Martin, and Gilroy.
Not sure where to begin?
Our Community Resource Specialists are available by phone Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding national holidays. For more information on Fall Prevention, call (408) 762-3262 or use the Contact Us form to send us an email.