Spring is here at last! After a long, cold, winter, we are seeing signs of life all around us. Flowers are blooming, and the trees are green again. Like nature, we too must find ways to revitalize and renew ourselves. Here are some tips to re-energize and enjoy all that spring has to offer:
- Find a new hobby or interest to rediscover your passion. Gardening, nature walks, bird watching, and other outdoor activities are great choices when the weather is pleasant and mild. We are never too old to learn something new! Hobbies engage our mind and give us pleasure and relaxation, focusing our thoughts on the task at hand.
- Focus on the positive in your life. Surround yourself with positive people. Read daily inspirational quotes or an uplifting book! Keep a gratitude journal to remind yourself of all the good in your life.
- Revitalize your home environment by getting rid of unnecessary clutter. Donate items that you no longer need or want, which in turn can help someone less fortunate.
- Bring nature indoors with a new plant or flowers to brighten your home. A pop of color is a mood enhancer that can add beauty and vibrancy to your environment.
- Lighten your diet with healthy spring vegetables and fruits. This is a delicious way to nourish your body with the vitamins and nutrients necessary for good health. Take a walk through the many farmers markets this spring to load up on your favorite fresh produce.
Give these suggestions a try, and enjoy a happy, healthy spring!
Our Community Resource Specialists of Sourcewise can help you find healthy activities to participate in. Call us for more information: (408) 350-3200, option 1.